Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BP2_iGoogle Screen Shots

I have just started working with iGoogle to create a Personal Learning Environment (PLE). Not sure, at this point, if this approach is superior to what I normally do, given the time and effort involved in doing the actual setup and the limited utility (to me) of some aspects of the required design.

The reality is that I am not a social networking type of person. I don't Twitter, I don't use Facebook or any other social networking sites. Perhaps this is a function of my age and social background--and the fact that I am an intensely private person. I can see some work-related advantages to some of these things, but the reality is that it plays little or no role in my current work life--many, if not most, of the people that I work with don't use these things either.

Having one spot to go to to access a variety of things is a good idea--but isn't this just (in this case) putting a different UI in front of all of this other than my browser favorites page? I am undecided about this as yet... maybe it is an aspect of psychology, that is to say, a different perspective of looking at this type of thing than what I normally employ.

Anyway, here are some screenshots of my current iGoogle setup:

Home Tab:


FSO Tab:


AR/CBL Tab:



ETC Tab:


No comments:

Post a Comment