Saturday, July 31, 2010

BP_12 Adobe eLearning Suite

I have been using Adobe products since the early 1990s, starting with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. I have been teaching Photoshop and Illustrator since about 2000. While the Web has a wide variety of tutorials available (particularly for Photoshop), many of these tutorials are not exactly well suited to the classes and skills that I wish to teach.

Tutorials are often done to show people how to do the "cool" things that the software can do, but not some of the more basic things--the assumption being that people already know the basics.

I find many of the tutorials are actually fairly poor in quality--that is, the directions are often confusing, incomplete, or (in some cases) actually wrong. Often the tutorial is done on the wrong platform. I teach on PCs rather than Macs, and the resulting cross-platform confusion can make things difficult for many of my students who have never seen or used a Mac, many of whom are barely computer literate in the first place.

In the end, while there are a lot of materials out there on the web, as a trainer and educator I prefer to tailor my materials.

The issue becomes, HOW do I put together course materials for my students that I feel are effective?  I think that Adobe eLearning Suite 2 is one potential way to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment